Thursday, January 15, 2009

Crystal Lamp



So, one of my very favorite things to do is find old, unique pieces of jewelry and recreate them into something amazingly current. However, sometimes I surprise myself by finding old, unique things that you might not normally think could become jewelry and then they do! Perfect example...I recently found this awesome lamp dripping with dusty, dingy vintage crystals and decided I had to have it! After some thorough cleaning, the crystals, although still showing signs of wear (scratches on the back, a few have chips in places) look bright and clear, with amazing colors! I cannot wait to turn these into something fantastically unique and beautiful. I have decided to name my vintage recreations the "Lost and Found Collection" because everything I'm working with is finding new life...I'm thinking of it as my way of chic recycling.

1 comments:

Renée T. Habashy said...

So glam! I like the lamp, too, but I wonder how difficult it would be to work it into modern decor. I'm looking forward to seeing what you do with the beads.

Ruth Parker Jewelry's Fan Box