Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Spotlight: San Juan Capistrano Earrings ($18)

I'm not a huge fan of matchy matchy earrings/necklace combos, but sometimes you just need a set that compliments the other to finish off an outfit. These are similar to the San Juan Capistrano Necklace ($38) without being exactly the same.

San Juan Capistrano is a city in Southern California famous for its catholic mission which was founded in 1776. A little known fact about the area: it was also the site of the very first vineyard and winery in California.

Materials: gold plated memory wire, glass and turquoise beads, 24k gold plated seed beads.

3 comments:

Renée T. Habashy said...

I agree- those are coordinating without being too matchy-matchy. I'm not a fan of matchy-matchy, especially where jewelry is concerned. Nice work!

Meghan said...

I love how your jewelry is named after Californian cities ... and the little history tidbits you gave above made me homesick. Whenever I hear about San Juan Capistrano I remember sitting in my fourth grade classroom learning about the missions, and for some reason the swallows that live there. I think you'll have to design a San Juan Capistrano II that has a bird on it ... I'd be all over that :)

Lauren at Ruth Parker Jewelry said...

Yes! The cliff swallows....that's a great idea, I just might have to do that. I'm glad you like it!

Ruth Parker Jewelry's Fan Box