Friday, November 20, 2009

The winner is...

Gina, number 3!
Congrats! Please send me your shipping information so that I can get this sent out to you!

On another note, I've been working with a new material, called beading chain, (which is what I used for the Avalon necklace) and I absolutely love it! It is very fine and delicate, making it perfect for some of the smaller stones and beads I have around here waiting to be used. I made two necklaces yesterday, (one of them is for sale) so I thought I'd share them with you. The first necklace I made for myself, but as always, if you would like something similar (or exactly the same) I take custom orders so just ask!


The second is the new Magnolia and Arlington Necklace ($32) named for an intersection in my hometown. For those of you who don't know much about Riverside, it is the birthplace of the citrus industry, and was also the site of the first golf course and polo field in Southern California. In 1873, Eliza Tibbets received 2 navel orange trees from a friend that came from Bahia, Brazil, and history was made. The trees thrived in Riverside and created an industry which supported the growth of the city for generations. There are still many citrus groves in existence and the California Citrus State Historic Park, located in Riverside, has dedicated 186 acres of its property to citrus fruit growth. Today nearly all of the Washington navel orange trees grown in California are descended from Eliza Tibbets' two original trees from Brazil, one of which still grows at the intersection of Arlington and Magnolia Avenues in Riverside. This simple necklace reminded me of home, and the colors that I grew up with.
It will be available on Etsy today!


Materials: gold plated chain, glass crystal faceted teardrops in topaz, aqua, and green

1 comments:

Renée T. Habashy said...

Simplicity is nice- I really like both necklaces- nice work!

http://reneetbouchard.blogspot.com

Ruth Parker Jewelry's Fan Box