Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Spotligt: Biscayne Bay Necklace ($58)

Located in Southern Florida, Biscayne Bay is the body of water between the city of Miami and the Atlantic Ocean. Miami Beach, which lies just across the bay and right on the Atlantic, is home to the largest collection of Art Deco architecture in the world. All along Ocean Avenue are the most amazing brightly lit and dramatic hotels built between 1923 and 1943. Geometric shapes and symmetry played a definitive role in Art Deco design, which is why I chose this necklace, with its octagonal beads and circular rings, as the perfect example of a modern take on the style.

This is the first necklace in my International Collection! Check it out on Etsy today.

Materials: pink mother of pearl beads, gold plated rings, green aventurine rings, Ching Hai jade octagonal beads

3 comments:

Lesley said...

That necklace would blend in great with the pinks and greens of the Miami beach Art Deco architecture. Love the geometric circles and faceted green beads!

Renée T. Habashy said...

I think this may be one of my favorite necklaces you've made. It's totally fabulous!

http://reneetbouchard.blogspot.com

Lauren at Ruth Parker Jewelry said...

Lesley, thank you! I went to your blog and you are going to love what I have coming up in the next few weeks! I also, am a huge fan of bakelite, and am working on a line of bangles that I am so excited about! The 30's and 40's are my absolute favorite period too. You'll have to check back to see them.

Ruth Parker Jewelry's Fan Box